ERP Modernization and Cloud Migration
ERP Modernization and Cloud Migration of large financial enterprise system at US Government Agency
A US Government Agency tasked with maintaining national security and defense required a solution that could enhance its financial mission and align with its priorities of readiness, modernization, and reform.
The agency encountered multiple obstacles such as the extensive expenditure and labor required to regularly maintain, upgrade, and substitute numerous hardware units even if they remained idle. Moreover, they experienced prolonged periods for transitioning to backup data centers and generating comprehensive financial reports.
Solution and Services:
Resolve Tech Solutions (RTS) partnered with the client to provide a comprehensive solution that involved the modernization and migration of the agency’s large financial enterprise system to the cloud. RTS migrated over 30 terabytes of data from outdated storage centers to a modern cloud environment (AWS) which could support over 35,000 users worldwide. This solution helped reduce infrastructure costs and increase operational efficiencies. Additionally, the solution mitigated the risk of losing critical financial data by ensuring system availability and providing users with the ability to continue with daily financial actions including civilian pay, support services, and procurements.
Key Functional Modules:
RTS’ solution enabled the following key functional modules
- Migration of over 30 terabytes of data from outdated storage centers to a modern cloud environment
- Reduction in infrastructure costs
- Enhanced operational efficiencies
- Ensured system availability
- Enabled users to continue with daily financial actions
RTS’ solution facilitated the modernization and migration of the client’s extensive financial enterprise system to the cloud, resulting in various advantages, such as reducing infrastructure expenses and enhancing operational efficiencies. Additionally, the following benefits were observed:
- Empowered the client’s workforce to operate systems that are more easily accessible, dependable, and optimized for data utilization.
- Reduced the risk of losing crucial financial data by ensuring system availability, allowing users to carry out daily financial tasks, including civilian pay, support services, and procurements.
- Created opportunities for multiple application modernization initiatives.
The solution delivered the following results to the client:
- US $10 Million in savings over 5 years
- 4x faster in producing detailed financial reports
- Reduction in transition time to back-up data centers