SAP Business Technology Platform for Enterprise Growth
SAP Business Technology Platform for Enterprise Growth
What is SAP BTP and Why do Businesses need it
SAP Business Technology Platform or BTP is a cloud-based technology platform that brings together different enterprise applications along with application development, data and analytics, integration, and AI capabilities into one unified platform or environment optimized for SAP applications. It enables businesses of all sizes and across all industries to run and manage all their business processes from a central location, providing business applications, best practices, and customization capabilities.
Businesses can use BTP to address a wide range of business challenges and typical pain points such as:
- Labor-intensive or time-consuming business processes and tasks specifically in industries like
- Supply Chain
- Manufacturing, and
- And in activities such as
- Invoice processing
- Financial closing, and
- Maintaining continuous engagement with the customers
- Improving the effectiveness of the sales team
- Reducing operational costs
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, scalability, integration, and interoperability
- Streamlining administrative tasks that impact productivity, such as updating spreadsheets, exporting data from one system to another, manually sending out invoices, approving and filing expense reports, and manually entering data into another system
What can SAP BTP do – the SAP BTP Value proposition
SAP Business Technology Platform is an integrated SAP technology portfolio that enables businesses to transform data into value, build end-to-end business processes, and implement and extend SAP applications quickly. SAP BTP helps businesses achieve their goals by automating labor-intensive or time-consuming business processes. It also helps automate different administrative tasks that positively impact productivity.
SAP BTP provides a unified, business-centric platform comprising of four pillars (solutions) spanning database and data management, analytics, application development and integration, and intelligent technologies. Solutions such as SAP HANA and SAP HANA Cloud (database and data management); SAPAnalytics Cloud and SAP BusinessObjects, BI (analytics); SAP Extension Suite and SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite (application development and integration); and SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and SAP Internet of Things (intelligent technologies) are part of the SAP BTP. Businesses can use the preferred cloud while interoperating with the existing IT landscape and run the systems on a trusted, enterprise-grade platform.
Details about the SAP BTP
The SAP BTP is not a single system but an umbrella term for a platform with many solutions available from which the business can choose a blend of different services that are hosted in the cloud. The organization can choose the solutions to quickly optimize business processes, create an engaging digital experience, and build and extend SAP applications.
SAP BTP is a set of tools and products that help integrate and extend all SAP, 3rd party applications, and data assets. The platform enables the user to turn data into business value. The Intelligent Enterprise’s technology layer is formed by SAP BTP. It provides the tools, services, and products that help to integrate and extend the business processes, 3rd party applications, and SAP itself.
SAP BTP is a next-generation platform, combining SAP and open-source technologies, to develop and run data-driven applications. It consists of:
- Database and data management for uniting all the data into one place for an end-to-end view- comprising SAP HANA, SAP HANA Cloud, SAP Data Intelligence, SAP Master Data Governance, and SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
- Analytics to help make informed decisions based on real-time insights from AI-powered business intelligence—including SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP Data Warehouse Cloud, SAP Business Objects BI, SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, and SAP BW/4HANA.
- Application development and integration using SAP Integration Suite, SAP Extension Suite, and SAP Process Orchestration for increased efficiency, automation and to connect different departments with intuitive development tools.
- Intelligent Technologies such as SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation, SAP Conversational AI, SAP Internet of Things, SAP AI Business Services, and SAP Ruum for access to IoT and AI tools that optimize processes and maximize resources.
Key Benefits gained from the SAP BTP
The ability to ensure business value using data is the core of SAP BTP. SAP business applications can be considered the engine of SAP BTP. SAP BTP uses prebuilt content for analytics, integration, and RPA (robotic process automation).
- The individual solutions and technologies themselves provide value to customers but the real value is when they start combining the technologies of SAP BTP. This synergy scenario helps solve some of the most challenging business problems that are not possible when using only one of the stacks of the technology pillars.
- The user experience is consistent across environments in SAP BTP as far as the User Interface (UI), portal, and analytics are considered.
- SAP BTP offers a complete suite of technologies including data capture, storage, management, and insight in addition to application integration and extension. Users can choose solutions for their relevant problems.
- SAP BTP helps innovate across industries and business functions and complements SAP industry cloud applications, ready-to-use innovation accelerators through which clients extend capabilities, integrate intelligent technologies, generate actionable insights, and amplify results.
SAP BTP is designed to grow with companies as their technology needs evolve, providing business continuity to address key business pains. The specific benefits are:
- Personalized experiences for SAP applications
- Delivers innovations that natively integrate with SAP applications
- Enriches user interactions with artificial intelligence and automation
- Provides access to real-time, complete views of all the data
- Innovate faster with business context
- Works faster with no-code and code-first development tools
- Uses and analyzes data from SAP applications within the right context and meaning
- Helps jump-start projects with prebuilt industry content and use cases