Python Developer – API Engineer
Home > Python Developer – API Engineer
- 3+ years of python server development using Django, Flask, Bottle or other python frameworks
- 7+ years industry experience
- Ability to write unit-tested and maintainable code
- Expertise working with and building RESTful APIs
- Expert in Node.js or Python
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management.
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Understanding of OOP and Data Structures and know when to apply them in daily coding scenarios
- Message queues (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc)
- Background task processing (Celery, etc)
- Experience configuring container like systems (Vagrant, Docker, etc)
- Basic understanding of modern web components (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Understanding of caching strategies and implementation (Redis, Memcache, etc)
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as (Git, SVN, etc)
- Working knowledge of serving high scale HTTP(S) protocol (Nginx, Apache, etc)
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
- A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to self-organize with minimal guidance/competing priorities and work effectively within a team
- Ability to provide innovative, creative solutions to tasks/problems
- Ability to complete work following engineering standards and best practices
- Develop clean, elegant, well-commented, and very reusable code which is easy to maintain and extend
- Experience writing APIs for multiple platforms (Web, Mobile App, etc)
- Experience with additional languages such as NodeJS, PHP, etc.
- Understanding of Big Data platforms and ETL in the context of Big Data
- Expertise working with Hadoop/Distributed platforms
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couch, etc)
- Experience with modern front end frameworks and tools (webpack, yarn, gulp, grunt, angular, react, sass)
- Experience with BI reporting software
- Experience with high throughput infrastructures
- Expertise with Linux and deployment schemes using a configuration management tool such as Ansible / Puppet / Chef / Salt
- Knowledge of constructing PostgreSQL and SQL query strings and fine-tuning them for performance
- Familiarity with Websocket connections