Devops Engineer – Role 2
Ideally, the candidate would be a developer who has moved in to automating the creation of resources, or possibly for a sysadmin who has a passion for automation and has moved toward the coding/development side. Ideally someone who has experience building proof-of-concepts to validate new tools and architectures, in addition to the full software lifecycle. Candidates local to the DFW area are preferred.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with internal software engineering teams to automate the creation of cloud resources and software artifacts, automate the testing of those artifacts and then automate the deployment. You will also troubleshoot cloud infrastructure-as-code, as well as help to extend the CI/CD platform. You should be comfortable talking networking with the cloud team as well as OOD concepts with the Java developers.
- Embed with multiple software development teams to help them adopt the Enterprise CI/CD platform
- Promote Cloud, Security and DevOps best practices and architectures
- Help to extend the CI/CD platform to support new tools and technologies to facilitate broader adoption of the CI/CD platform
- 3+ years in Cloud software development (AWS & Azure are the preferred cloud environments), with a focus on Infrastructure-as-code tools like AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager or Terraform
- 5+ years in software development, with languages such as Java, Python or NodeJS, and test automation, such as JUnit or Mocha
- Ability to discuss and promote DevOps best practices
- Experience with Cloud networking, such as AWS VPC, Security Groups, Load Balancer, ASG, as well as cloud security, such as IAM
- Experience with Cloud data stores, such as DynamoDB, S3, Aurora or MongoDB
- Experience with log and metrics consolidation tools like NewRelic, ELK, Logz.io or Splunk
- Experience deploying applications in containers, such as Docker and Kubernetes, AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service and/or Azure Kubernetes Service
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in CS, EE, IS, Math or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years in software development and/or systems administration
- Experience working as part of large cross-functional teams