Devops Engineer – Role 1
The Engineer must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in designing, implementing and maintaining cloud environments using the AWS platform. In addition, the Engineer is expected to incorporate these concepts into an existing team supporting a full-stack approach to software development.
You have a passion for the role, with customer first attitude and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of environments and tools that allow client to deliver unique and cutting-edge products to their customers.
- Design, Implement and Support IT architecture using cloud technologies (mostly in AWS, other cloud provider is a bonus).
- Development of tools and other custom components necessary to support full stack development.
- Research and integrate third-party tools into the cloud platform to support business needs.
- Provide on-call support of systems based on a rotating schedule.
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
- Bachelors/4 Year Degree, AWS Certification is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in cloud computing and design.
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Hands-on coding experience using Python, Node.js, Kinesis, EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, etc.
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
- A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.